Waxcreative Design is looking for a Project Manager to help us build amazing websites.
What you will be doing here:
A Wax project manager acts as the primary point of contact for several projects in active development, as well as a stable of long-term projects in maintenance.
You know how to break down complex and technical topics into easily understood explanations and instructions. You’re empathetic, but not easily derailed by a client’s whims.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Manage multiple client relationships. Develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients.
- Plan and prioritize budgets, timelines, and resources across multiple projects.
- Help clients learn their new CMS and thrive in their own updates.
- Motivate and support your team to create the stunning work Waxcreative is known for.
- Generate ideas for new site features and marketing campaigns, tailored to the unique needs of each client.
- Use data to continually optimize those features and campaigns, and boost results.
- Document all project activities.
- Write proposals, scope projects, and win work.
- Monitor the work of third-party vendors regarding scope, budget, and quality of deliverables.
- Follow established internal standards. If you know how to find X in one client’s folder, you can find it in any client’s folder (and so can everyone else).
- Take ownership of Waxcreative’s public face, making sure our portfolio and social media presence is up-to-date.
- Respect for romance novels.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS degree.
- 4+ years of experience in project management.
- Solid understanding of the creative process.
- Effective communication skills, especially through the written word.
- Ironclad attention to detail.
- Positive, energetic attitude that fosters teamwork.
- Compassionate, proactive problem-solving skills.
- Serious Google-fu.
- Experience in a small studio environment.
- Experience with time tracking and project management software (experience with Apollo specifically would be extra nice to have!)
- Solid understanding of WordPress, HTML, CSS, PHP and/or SQL. You’re not a developer, but you know how to talk to developers, and step in with some basic editing from time to time. If you don’t have this yet, perhaps you’re interested in making your understanding more solid on our team.
- A passion for snacks.
- This is a staff position for a W-2 employee. This is NOT for contract/freelance.
- Either full-time or part-time will be considered. Please indicate your preference.
- Where you start depends upon your incoming skill set and experience. How quickly you rise up depends upon performance. Please include your annual earning requirements with your application. (← This is important. Without this, your application is incomplete.)
Please introduce yourself as a potential fit to this unique team in a cover letter. Tell us something about this job post that resonated with you, and why. Be sure to include your salary requirements.
Also send your resume that lists your experience and accurately describes your skills.
Please put I WANT TO BE YOUR NEW PROJECT MANAGER as your email subject line, and make sure that any attachments have your name in the file name.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
And absolutely no recruiters.
Ideally we’d like you to start immediately, but finding the right fit is more important than filling a workstation with a warm body. Please don’t presume that the position is gone if the posting is a several weeks old. We will be accepting applications until we find our perfect match.
More info about Waxcreative:
the studio, this team, our company culture…
If you are the type to really read up on a company before applying, we’ve listed more info for you here. Want additional info? We’ve written more about being on this unique team.
SOME OF WHAT WE OFFER:
- VARIETY: From site design, development, and maintenance, to book cover design and assorted printwork — also product support, copywriting, social networking strategies, quality assurance, usability concerns, and just generally being in code warrior mode — there really just isn’t room to get bored.
- BENEFITS: We offer paid holiday and vacation, 401K, health insurance, and commuter checks. We believe everyone needs time for the business of life. For us, full-time means ~4.5 day weeks.
- EDUCATION: Conferences when logistics permit, online tutorials, challenges from your creative director to “find an elegant solution”… while we expect you will keep your skills honed, Wax will supplement your ongoing training.
- FLEXIBILITY: Wax believes in living your life rather than forcing it around work, and thus offers scheduling flexibility and liberal unpaid leave time as deadlines permit.
- ENVIRONMENT: Our studio environment is open (no cubicles), and it’s Office Casual every day. When weather permits, the door is open to the outside.
MORE QUICK WAX FACTS:
- We are a small but fast-paced, woman-owned enterprise with eight workstations (and two adorable studio cats, so please don’t be allergic).
- We are located in Lower Rockridge bordering Temescal in North Oakland. Parking is easy and BART is easier—a ten minute-walk from the Rockridge station.
- We are walking distance to Bakesale Betty, Trader Joe’s, Market Hall, and lots of other yummy lunch spots!
- Our work space is surrounded by a yard and garden.